[Beowulf] GPUs Nvidia C2050 w/OpenMP 4.5 in cluster

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Mon Aug 12 22:19:15 PDT 2019

On Monday, 12 August 2019 9:44:43 AM PDT Tony Travis wrote:

> Well, I'm still using my nVidia C2050/75's under Ubuntu-MATE 18.04 LTS:

Ubuntu also has a gcc-offload-nvptx package to (apparently) make this work.

For instance on my Kubuntu 19.04 desktop here at home:

chris at quad:~$ apt show gcc-offload-nvptx
Package: gcc-offload-nvptx
Version: 4:8.3.0-1ubuntu3
 This package contains libgomp plugin for offloading to NVidia
 PTX. The plugin needs libcuda.so.1 shared library that has to be
 installed separately.
 .
 This is a dependency package providing the default GNU Objective-C compiler.

I can't test it as I don't have an nvidia GPU. :-)

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA