[Beowulf] Oh.. IBM eats Red Hat

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Wed Oct 31 09:34:18 PDT 2018

I was just going to let the old ladies gossip, but I guess I'll jump in for
a minute.. I concur that post does seem a bit salty. I wonder where Mark's
plans of IPO are sitting? (I found an article that mentioned them pulling
in external money last year)

https://itsfoss.com/canonical-ipo/

With deadrat IBM can tap back into the enterprise customer marketshare.
SuSE owners had a change of control earlier this year as well... so they
may want to keep the money side of RH in tact and not mess that up. It
likely plays a major role in how they came to this valuation. If they
disrupt it, that would be a major blunder.