[Beowulf] HPC workflows

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 28 04:25:15 PST 2018

Bogdan, Igor. Thankyou very much for your thoughtful answers. I don not
have much time today to do your replies the justice of a proper answer.
Regarding the ssh filesystem, the scenario was that I was working for a
well known company.
We were running CFD simulations on remote academic HPC setups. There was
more than one site!
The corporate firewall allowed us an outgoing ssh connection. I found it a
lot easier to configure an sshfs mount so that engineers could transfer
programs and scripts between their locla system and the remote system,
rather than using a graphical or a command line ssh client.
The actual large data files were transferred by yours truly, via a USB disk
drive.

I did not know about gitfs (my bad). That sounds interesting.