[Beowulf] SC18

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at ellisv3.com
Tue Nov 6 19:11:22 PST 2018

On 11/6/18 11:23 AM, Joe Landman wrote:
> It feels weird attending SC18, and not being an exhibitor. Definitely
> looking forward to it.
>
> Beobash will (of course) be fun ... and I'm looking forward to (finally)
> being able to attend talks, poster sessions, panels.

I'll be having the reverse experience -- this will be my third
Supercomputing (and hopefully Beobash, provided customer meetings don't
consume my evenings as well) but first one as primarily an exhibitor
rather than a poster or technical session presenter.  It will be very
interesting to spend more time in the expo area than I usually do,
especially for setup and take-down as I'm arriving mid-day Saturday to
get things going at the Panasas booth.

<shameless plug>
In case anybody is interested, or just hopelessly bored, I will be
giving an Exhibitor Forum talk about a brand new storage platform I've
been lucky enough to serve as lead architect on at Panasas over the last
few years.  All fellow 'wulfers are very welcome to give a listen if you
have 30 spare minutes to burn:

https://sc18.supercomputing.org/presentation/?id=exforum106&sess=sess270

I'm also currently busily tuning an IOR demo of a rack of that new gear,
which will be run on repeat at our booth, and made to look entirely too
pretty for HPC by our marketing team.  I try to convince them every year
that black on white console is the most spellbinding appearance for real
HPC workloads, but it has yet to catch on.
</shameless plug>

I look forward to bumping into as many of you as I can next week!
Thanks to Doug and co. as always for leading the charge on the Beowulf
experience at SC.

Best,

ellis