[Beowulf] HPE iLO4 BMC authentication bypass

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 21 05:35:02 PDT 2018

Oh, I just love that hacker with the black mask on hunched over the laptop
(page 6).
That's a fail straight away. As soon as you see someone on your campus with
a black mask on you know he/she is up to no good.

Regarding separate physical IPMI networks I have seen it done both ways.
One site I worked with had a completely separate IPMI infrastructure.
Including the IPMI access and control servers
sited in a different room from the main server room. For the very good
reason of still being able to do shutdowns if the whole rest of the
shooting match
was boiling itself to death etc. etc. Worth thinking about.