[Beowulf] Fwd: Project Natick

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:38:11 PDT 2018

The report interestingly makes a comparison to cruise lines and the US Navy
having large IT infrastructures at sea.
I guess cruise ships of course have servers plus satcomms, as do warships.
But the thought of the SOSUS sonar chain comes to mind... then again those
electronics will be down a lot deeper than this.
Though I am sure a few racks of FPGAs near your SOSUS listening devices
would be good...

Going wildly off topic as usual this book
https://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/08/us/a-tale-of-daring-american-submarine-espionage.html
about Operation Ivy Bells is fantastic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ivy_Bells