[Beowulf] OT, X11 editor which works well for very remote systems?

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Wed Jun 6 14:56:00 PDT 2018

Thanks for all the responses.

On 06-Jun-2018 14:40, Joe Landman wrote:
> When I absolutely need a gui for something this this, I'll light up
> BBC over ssh session.  Performance has been good even crossing the big
> pond.

What is BBC?  Google wasn't much help given the British Broadcasting
Company's enormous web footprint.

Yes, nedit.  It is old but it still works (especially for column
operations, which I use a lot).  Admittedly it is useless with utf
encoded text, but 99.999% of what I do is ANSI, so that is rarely an
issue.

Regards,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu