[Beowulf] Lustre Upgrades

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 23 08:59:31 PDT 2018

We have some old large scale Lustre installs that are running 2.6.34 and
we want to get these up to the latest version of Lustre.  I was curious
if people in this group have any experience with doing this and if they
could share them.  How do you handle upgrades like this?  How much time
does it take?  What are the pitfalls?  How do you manage it with minimal
customer interruption? Should we just write off upgrading and stand up
new servers that are on the correct version (in which case we need to
transfer the several PB's worth of data over to the new system)?

Thanks for your wisdom.

-Paul Edmon-