[Beowulf] SSD performance

Jonathan Engwall engwalljonathanthereal at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 23:30:25 PDT 2018

I built up a couple r610 dells with the idea that they would boot from ssd
through a usb external drive. The cheap external drives might be the real
culprits. I have to think about that.
The latest drive to fail was a Kingston and I think it was new.
There is a write limit on some ssds?
Lately I have been building trying to crosscompile the cray xmp simulator.
It has thousands of targets. But earlier this week afterI installed
openvswitch was when the trouble began.
Jonathan Engwall