[Beowulf] Dell syscfg for KNL nodes - different to regular Dell syscfg?

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Feb 13 21:31:26 PST 2018

On 14/02/18 13:38, Christopher Samuel wrote:

> Now that *might* be because I'm having to (currently) run it
> on a non-KNL system for testing, and perhaps it probes the
> BMC to work out what options it makes sense to show me..

So yes, that appeared to be the case.

Also if you run it without a config file it complains:

# syscfg -h
Cannot stat /etc/omreg.cfg file. Please ensure /etc/omreg.cfg file is
present and is valid for your environment. You can copy this file from
the DTK iso.

Copying the config file from an existing node resulted in:

# syscfg -h
The required BIOS interfaces cannot be found on this system.

But if I copy that file to another location:

# mkdir -p /opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/

# cp -pvf /etc/omreg.cfg /opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/
‘/etc/omreg.cfg’ -> ‘/opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/omreg.cfg’

# syscfg -h

syscfg Version 6.1.0 (Linux - Oct 22 2017, 09:07:10)
Copyright (c) 2002-2017 Dell Inc.

[...]

# syscfg --ProcEmbMemMode
ProcEmbMemMode=cache