[Beowulf] ipoib routing

Adam DeConinck ajdecon at ajdecon.org
Tue Dec 11 16:33:26 PST 2018

Hi Michael,

This sounds a lot like the "I/O node" arrangement which was used when
I was at LANL. I/O nodes attached to each cluster's IB network were
also attached to the "external" ethernet network, and provided access
to shared filesystems and other resources. The I/O nodes routed
between the two using OSPF, I think using the quagga daemon.

There's a presentation from one of our network folks that gives some
detail here: https://permalink.lanl.gov/object/tr?what=info:lanl-repo/lareport/LA-UR-16-28013

There's not much in the way of config detail there, but I can probably
get you in touch with the right folks off-list if needed.

Cheers,
Adam