[Beowulf] RHEL7 kernel update for L1TF vulnerability breaks RDMA

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat Aug 18 18:31:04 PDT 2018

On Sunday, 19 August 2018 5:19:07 AM AEST Jeff Johnson wrote:

> With the spate of security flaws over the past year and the impacts their
> fixes have on performance and functionality it might be worthwhile to just
> run airgapped.

For me none of the HPC systems I've been involved with here in Australia would
have had that option.  Virtually all have external users and/or reliance on
external data for some of the work they are used for (and the sysadmins don't
usually have control over the projects & people who get to use them).

All the best,
Chris