[Beowulf] GPFS and failed metadata NSD

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Sun May 21 18:37:59 PDT 2017

On 01/05/17 21:40, John Hearns wrote:

> Also remember that pairs of disks probably came off the production line
> as similar times. So this is probabyl a twins paradox!

At my previous HPC gig we lost 2 drives in a RAID-5 array within a few
minutes of each other. They were manufactured on the same day.

Fortunately the vendor (IBM) was able to coax one of the drives back
into life so we didn't need to go to the (tested) backups of that data.

All the best,
Chris
 Melbourne Bioinformatics - The University of Melbourne