[Beowulf] Administrivia: emergency Mailman work for the Beowulf list

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 4 17:07:26 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Someone sent a message from a site that uses DMARC last night and
consequently almost 500 subscribers had their subscriptions suspended as
DMARC requires sites to break the well understood semantics of the From:
header by rewriting it.

I'm about to install the latest backport of Mailman on beowulf.org which
will then allow me to automatically reject any DMARC'd emails to the
list as a quick fix.

Then I'll need to work out how to get the folks who got dropped back
onto the list. :-/

Sorry about this,
Chris
 Melbourne Bioinformatics - The University of Melbourne