[Beowulf] clusters of beagles

Hamilton, Scott scott.hamilton at atos.net
Fri Jan 27 11:42:39 PST 2017

I believe the Rocks distro will work on the Beagles with very little modification as long as you have local disk storage on the Beagles.  In my experience most people who use Beagles and other single board computers use network boot images on the main board and do not use any local storage which is not a use case for Rocks.  It is highly likely that the methods used for the littlefe clusters would work great for a cluster of Beagles.  The clusters of Rasp-Pi boards are difficult to automate because even network booting requires formatting a custom SD card so it becomes just as much work as doing it by hand.

Scott

Scott Hamilton
Solution Architect II
Atos Big Data & Security - NAO