[Beowulf] clusters of beagles

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 27 11:40:52 PST 2017

Are there peculiarities of Rpi/Beagle (stemming from ARM rather than x86,
and the default distro) that makes them incompatible?  I don¹t know.
Rocks,  for instance, is CentOS based - Beagles come with Debian..

Actually, not having to ³build my own cluster² for a surprisingly long
time, I¹m totally unaware of what¹s out there for ³small demo cluster
install²..
For instance, there¹s no CDROM drive on most of these things <grin>
And net boot might be a bit different (they don¹t have the nominal x86 PC
bios). Andrew posted a link about net booting Rpi

It might be easiest to figure out how to put a distro of some sort on an
SD card and sneaker net that around (you¹re not going to be building a
1000 node Beagle cluster (or is that a pack of Beagles, and a lug or
bushel of Raspberries)

I should have some BBGs showing up in the mail today or tomorrow..