[Beowulf] Supercomputing comes to the Daily Mail

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 14 01:30:54 PDT 2017

The Daily Mail is (shall we say) a rather right-wing daily newspaper in the
UK. It may give some flavour if I tell you that is most famous/infamous
headline is "Hurrha for the Blackshirts" (1934)

A surprisingly good article on using HPC and a visualisation wall to mode
ocean currents.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4775872/NASA-supercomputer-simulation-reveals-ocean-current-motion.html

I would not delve into the Comments section though...
I believe Mr T from the A Team is commenting here:
"Learn physics fool. If you are the religious type then god created the
laws of physics, so must be true; if not then the laws of physics describe
what we observe so therefore must be true. Either way they are true. Learn
them!"

Hmmm.. .perhaps this person has a big future in HPC user support. "Its your
bug, fool!"

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4775872/NASA-supercomputer-simulation-reveals-ocean-current-motion.html#ixzz4piTozmPo