[Beowulf] more automatic building

Craig Andrew cbandrew at wi.mit.edu
Wed Sep 28 08:01:59 PDT 2016

I agree with Tim.

We are finishing up an Ansible install and it has worked well for us.

Initially, we used it internally to help standardize our cluster builds, but is has many more uses. We recently used it to provision a VM that we saved off and uploaded to Amazon for building an AMI. You can also use it to change attributes on your running systems. I have used at Cobler in the past and it works well, too. I just find Ansible to be a little easier.

Good luck,
Craig

Craig Andrew
Manager of Systems Administration
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research