[Beowulf] Singularity 1.0 is out

Olli-Pekka Lehto olli-pekka.lehto at csc.fi
Wed May 4 00:56:11 PDT 2016

Based on some early testing it seems to work as advertised. It's fairly efficient in discovering dependencies in some quite large software packages. Bit worried about the setuid binary (just out of healthy paranoia) so I'm not too keen on unleashing it immediately to production services.

In other news, there's another project in an early that is not targeted for HPC specifically but could be very interesting: https://github.com/jfrazelle/binctr

So now there's 3 different container paradigms to choose from. Maybe we'll get a 4th one next week. :)

--
Olli-Pekka Lehto
Development Manager
E-Mail: olli-pekka.lehto at csc.fi