[Beowulf] [OT] MPI-haters

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Fri Mar 11 07:52:14 PST 2016

Sometimes things just need to bring up a passionate topic in order to
jump back..

To Vincent's defence - he never meant any harm. /* I hope everyone
around here will quit brining this up and let it go */
Having said that - how/where can we start the productive/positive
conversation of how to move from explicitly defining inter node
communication - to writing algorithms which are parallel-friendlier.

>From my little compiler universe - I just need data dependencies
resolved - either magically inside the compiler and or explicitly via
source syntax sugar.. However, resolving them is only half the battle
- keep it all high performance is the other half. (reducing data
movement/locality) so lets not mistake salt for sugar..