[Beowulf] Recent HPE support missive

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Aug 23 07:07:39 PDT 2016

On 08/23/2016 10:01 AM, Peter St. John wrote:
> HPE is in the process of being bought by CSC.

???

> On the scale of 12 months
> you will be contracting with CSC.

I thought they were spinning out their services organization to CSC ...
not the whole kit and kaboodle ...

http://www.csc.com/investor_relations/press_releases/137152-csc_announces_merger_with_enterprise_services_segment_of_hewlett_packard_enterprise_to_create_global_it_services_leader

This is IMO different than what Tim is concerned with.  Support
contracts for HPE software (what ... Ibrix or similar?)  Services are
typically outsourced managed services.