[Beowulf] bring back 2012?

Stu Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 08:31:13 PDT 2016

> I'm still skeptical. You still need space for people to walk through the
> tanks on one side, and cabling on the other side. I can see how the cabling
> aisle takes up less space than a hot aisle, but I'm sure it must still be
> wide enough for someone to walk through so they can install/remove/repair
> cables, unless you do something completely different in this case and run
> all the cables in cable trays directly over the tanks. Is that what you do?

It is very difficult to run cables over-head, they interfere with the crane.

You only need access to the nodes from the top, so walk ways can be narrow
(and only from 1 side) and you can stack the tanks tightly back to back or
side by side.  You can also run services under the tanks (put them on tank
stands if you want).

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at sdm900.com