[Beowulf] F1 to go CFD only?

James Cownie jcownie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:16:05 PDT 2015

An interesting question (to me, at least :-)) is how the energy used in wind-tunnel testing compares with that used in CFD?
And, therefore, whether you could reasonably just impose a MJ limit and allow the teams to allocate it as they see fit.
(Or, maybe you could go wider and just limit the energy into the design centre. If that encouraged them to add solar panels, or a wind turbine, so much the better, though an on-site oil well or coal mine should clearly be outlawed!)

-- Jim
James Cownie <jcownie at gmail.com>
Mob: +44 780 637 7146
http://skiingjim.blogspot.com/