[Beowulf] gpu+server health monitoring -- ensure system cooling

Eliot Eshelman eliote at microway.com
Tue Jun 9 15:20:33 PDT 2015

I can confirm that Ganglia supports the Tesla K80 GPU monitoring just fine.

Regarding GPU temperatures, I'm seeing ~60C in one of NVIDIA's
officially-certified servers for Tesla K80 (4U Supermicro
SYS-7048GR-TR). You might not want to use Tesla K20/K40 as comparisons,
because they had lower levels of GPU Boost (and thus might not push the
TDP envelope as much).

Best,
Eliot

--