[Beowulf] Scheduler question -- non-uniform memory allocation to MPI

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 30 11:37:42 PDT 2015

Tom,

I don't want to be 'that guy', but it sounds like the root-cause of this
problem is the programs themselves. A well-written parallel program
should balance the workload and data pretty evenly across the nodes. Is
this software written by your own researchers, open-source, or a
commercial program? In my opinion, your efforts would be better spent
fixing the program(s), if possible, than finding a scheduler with the
feature you request, which I don't think exists.

If you can't fix the software, I think you're out of luck.

I was going to suggest requesting exclusive use of nodes (whole-node
assignment) the easiest solution. What is the basis for the resistance?

Prentice