[Beowulf] Fundamental HPC cluster problem

Lawrence Stewart stewart at serissa.com
Mon Jul 20 18:28:52 PDT 2015

You might also configure a laptop with static IP 192.168.10.250 or something
and plug it into the RPi network and see if you can ping 192.168.10.1

… first make sure the networking is actually working before debugging the
dhcp.

I’ve never understood how the eth* numbers get assigned, so I am always
a little suspicious that I’ve got the right one.

You can also use ethtool (if you have it) to tell  you the link status
of the interface.  ifconfig just tells  you how it is supposed to be, not
how it is.

-L