[Beowulf] Python libraries slow to load across Scyld cluster

John Hearns John.Hearns at viglen.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 01:31:41 PST 2015

When I run that with mpirun -host n0 python cached_imports_collections.py, it initially takes about 10 seconds to import. However, repeated runs take less time, until it takes less than 0.01 seconds to import.

Please forgive me for saying this.
If this is not an MPI code maybe you would be better running it using some sort of parallel shell, eg. pdsh

Skylar mentions strace.
Worth looking at Breeze from Ellexus for situations like this: http://www.ellexus.com/

(Disclaimer: this is a commercial application.)

Viglen Ltd, Registered in England No 1208441. Registered Office: 7, Handley Page Way, Colney Street, St. Albans, Hertfordshire AL2 2DQ.

Information in this electronic mail message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our customers, any information contained in this message is subject to Viglen Terms & Conditions. Please rely on your own virus checker and procedures with regard to any attachment to this message.