[Beowulf] InfiniBand channel bundling?

Brice Goglin brice.goglin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 08:08:17 PDT 2014

Do you want to compare FDR vs QDR when used in the exact same PCIe
slots? FDR often goes in Gen3 while QDR has been in Gen2 for a while.

According to the link below, Gen3 is responsible for pretty much all the
improvement between QDR/Gen2 and FDR/Gen3.
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/high-performance-computing/b/general_hpc/archive/2012/03/06/hpc-i-o-performance-using-pci-e-gen3-slots-on-the-12th-generation-12g-poweredge-servers

Brice