[Beowulf] Gentoo in the HPC environment

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Mon Jun 30 08:27:42 PDT 2014

I second Gavin.

A lot of people have been mentioning LXC and Docker ans cures to this
problem, and to paraphrase The Princess Bride, you keep using those
words I don't think they mean what you think they mean. Docker and LXC
are great for isolating running services: apache, DNS, etc. For the most
part, we are stalking about user-space libraries and programs. I don't
see how Docker and LXC could be used or provide any benefit in this
context.

--
Prentice