[Beowulf] Gentoo in the HPC environment

Jonathan Aquilina jaquilina at eagleeyet.net
Wed Jun 25 14:51:47 PDT 2014

You guys mention perl and I learned an interesting hackish way to get the
latest version of perl on ones system.

Have you perl guys used perlbrews before. I set up a perlbrew setup for a
centos vm template at the Data center I used to work at. I had tried to
upgrade the system perl and that broke the entire installation, but
eventually i found out you could setup the latest version of perl though
the perlbrews with out touching the systems perl. All you need to do on
reboot is have it source the appropriate file so the perlbrew is loaded.