[Beowulf] Small files

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 12 04:22:13 PDT 2014

Tom, as Reuti says let's have a look at the nature of these files.
what are they, and are analysis jobs really revisiting them again and again?

This is a marvellous tool for analysing filesystem usage:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/agedu/

I have used it a lot in the past on the scratch storage of our clusters to
highlight data which hadn't been used in ages.

I'm not sure how long agedu will take to index a large Lustre filesystem
like yours, but it would be well worth having a try.

Agedu doesn't work on DMF filesystems (as it uses a stat ont he file, and
migrated files would appear to be very small).