No subject

Thu Jun 12 22:07:40 PDT 2014

i860 actually has slightly faster memory support (RAMBUS) and an AGP port as
compared with E7500.  However, it does not support PCI-X.  Also I/O to
memory performance is generally much less on 860 compared with E7500.  For
Beowulf apps, E7500 is the way to go...

-----------

Hope this helps.

> recommended?
> > >
> > > They Tyan S2720 has been out for a while and is very
> > stable.  There is also
> > > SuperMicro which has some awesome chassis with their offerings.
> > >
> > > http://www.supermicro.com/Product_page/product-mS.htm
> > >
> > > http://www.supermicro.com/Product_page/product-s.htm
> > >
> > > We sell a lot of these units.  All we get back from
> > customers is rave
> > > reviews.

  Cheers,

  Steve Gaudet
  Linux Solutions Engineer
    <(©¿©)>

  | Turbotek Computer Corp.    tel:603-666-3062 ext. 21             |
  | 161 Abby Rd                fax:603-666-4519                     |
  | Manchester, NH 03103       e-mail:sgaudet at turbotekcomputer.com  |
  | toll free:800-573-5393     web: http://www.turbotekcomputer.com |