[Beowulf] Rebuilding Intel MPSS Xeon Phi stack with Yocto?

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Mon Feb 17 19:07:32 PST 2014

On 02/18/14 10:04 AM, Christopher Samuel wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Just wondering if anyone here has tried to rebuild the latest versions
> Intel MPSS stack for their Xeon Phi (MIC) cards that are now based on
> the Yocto distribution?
>
> We're planning on having a play at a Xeon Phi workshop run by
> Olli-Pekka Lehto from CSC tomorrow and was wondering if anyone else
> had attempted it and had any hints or tips they would be able to pass
> on. :-)
Hi Chris,

(Not meaning to hijack your thread) - MPSS gives me and others a
headache. As a result of it and some other goals we (PathScale) have
started to work on enhancing their kernel driver.

https://github.com/pathscale/intel_xeon_phi_kernel_driver

If you have any trouble building that on your distribution please let me
know. We plan to work with Intel on our changes and hopfully any "fixes"
in this area would make it upstream.