[Beowulf] Open source and the Draft Report of the Task Force on High Performance Computing

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Aug 28 18:41:30 PDT 2014

Hiya,

On 28/08/14 22:49, "C. Bergström" wrote:

> The linux kernel is open source, but what about the highly modified
> compute node OS which are common? I doubt there's a single customer who
> has requested the source and published those modifications..

The only one I'm aware of that's around these days with much presence is
the BlueGene/Q Compute Node Kernel (CNK) and that's released under the
Eclipse Public License with the tarballs downloadable from here:

https://repo.anl-external.org/viewvc/bgq-driver/

Not tried to build it (yet), though I have been tempted to patch it. :-)

cheers,
Chris