[Beowulf] Red Hat buys Inktank, maker of Ceph

Andrew Holway andrew.holway at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:58:37 PDT 2014

Sorry, I think I was trying to be ironic :) I was saying that its
impossible to determine that Gluster has less traction than Lustre.

Whilst Lustre has a much bigger google score (1,480,000 results)
compared to Gluster (147,000 results) quantifying the popularity and
success of opensource software is a very difficult thing. Maybe
Gluster has less web hits because there are very few people
complaining about it. Maybe Lustre has 1,480,000 pages of excellent
documentation!