[Beowulf] Good IB network performance when using 7 cores, poor performance on all 8?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 24 09:17:33 PDT 2014

I am with Joe regarding looking at the interrupts.

However, could this be a difference with the power management with the
Redhat kernel?
ie. when running on 8 cores you are tripping over some thermal threshold
and causing a throttle back to a lower C-state?

Can you give the kernel versions for both setups?