[Beowulf] Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Sep 14 16:32:24 PDT 2013

He might not be doing capacity planning, but, rather, writing a press
release.

Friday the 13th, 2013, Elbonia
Acme SuperComputing announced their latest Beowulf cluster based on the
legendary IBM model 5150.  With over 8 million bytes of read write memory
distributed across its 16 computing nodes, the cluster is capable of a
nearly a million integer 16x16 multiplication operations per second. Acme
expects to announce an enhanced version that includes 760 kilobytes of
removable magnetic disk storage in each node, as well as a floating point
co-processor bringing the peak performance to nearly 800,000 Floating
Point operations per second (0.8 MFLOPS).