[Beowulf] submit host list is not enough to make users able to submit from non compute nodes

Bernardo F Costa bfcta at ig.com.br
Tue Oct 1 06:57:26 PDT 2013

I am trying to configure some machines outside of the compute node set to
submit jobs to a torque cluster server. Following this link (
http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/1.3advconfig.shtml#jobsubmithosts),
At first, I tried using a /etc/hosts.equiv file with both compute nodes ans
submit nodes. Later, I tried using server submit_host parameter. None of
them worked. I am using centos 5.x as my OS. Rsh, rexec and rlogin works in
both directions between server and submit nodes. Torque binaries (epel
provided) are compiled with munge and both compute nodes and submit nodes
have the same key. What I have found is that, no matter I have set
acl_groups, the server ignores it. The only way I can make users able to
submit from non compute nodes is putting then in the server
authorized_users list explicitly. is this correct ? Shouldn't there be a
way to set authorized_users with unix groups or so ?

create queue xxx
set queue xxx queue_type = Execution
set queue xxx acl_host_enable = True
set queue xxx acl_hosts = *.mydomain.com
set queue xxx acl_user_enable = False
set queue xxx resources_default.nodect = 1
set queue xxx resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue xxx acl_group_enable = True
set queue xxx acl_groups = group1
set queue xxx acl_groups += group2
set queue xxx acl_groups += group3
set queue xxx acl_group_sloppy = True
set queue xxx enabled = True
set queue xxx started = True

set server scheduling = True
set server acl_hosts = pbsserver.mydomain.com
set server acl_hosts += *.mydomain.com
set server managers = root@*.mydomain.com
set server default_queue = xxx
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = adm
set server scheduler_iteration = 600
set server node_check_rate = 150
set server tcp_timeout = 6
set server submit_hosts = *.mydomain.com
set server allow_node_submit = True
set server allow_proxy_user = True
set server log_keep_days = 365
set server authorized_users = user1@*.mydomain.com