[Beowulf] Docker in HPC

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Nov 27 04:29:22 PST 2013

Yes, Pete, Guy and I have been debating this stuff for some time, together with some of our informatics coders.  Should virtualisation ever also be necessary (for example to ship a software stack to another site to analyse some of their data), it's also a very small step further from Docker to that, so using this sort of approach opens up a lot of possibilities in the future.

Regards,

Tim
--
Dr Tim Cutts