[Beowulf] Admin action request

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Fri Nov 22 11:41:53 PST 2013

On 11/22/13 16:15, Joe Landman wrote:
> On 11/22/2013 02:00 PM, Ellis H. Wilson III wrote:
>> I think "no support" may be a bit overreaching, but nevertheless, I
>
> I couldn't find a person I spoke to about this from the list in support
> of this persons actions.  Everyone I spoke with about this was quite
> negative.  No support is an accurate reflection.

Not having found support from your contacts in a list with hundreds, if
not thousands, of people on it doesn't mean there isn't someone out
there who disagrees.  We've got lots of lurkers here.

That being said, we're talking past each other, and what's funnier is we
obviously agree on the core that copyrighted text shouldn't be posted on
the list as it threatens its existence.  What I am saying is, whether 1%
or 99% of people agree with this rule, it has zero bearing on the next
move.  What matters is what the administrators of this list decide is
best to achieve protection and preservation of the list (I see Chris
Samuels is the listed admin, but I'm sure there are others).

So, what they decide I will abide by, but I stand by my position that it
would be a comfort, if nothing else, if there was a page with Beowulf
Email List Rules on it.  I admit this disposition is driven by being
married to a lawyer :D.

Best,

ellis