[Beowulf] why we need cheap, open learning clusters

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun May 12 11:12:17 PDT 2013

Well.. On the Beowulf list the (super) goes without saying.. Is there any
other kind worth considering?<grin>

(is a cluster of Arduinos a Beowulf? It's commodity hardware running open
source software using commodity non-proprietary interconnects. I think so..

But I don't think it's HPC... So it would be a "personal cluster computer"
or a "personal Beowulf" but probably not a "personal supercomputer")