[Beowulf] Diskless Phi node installs?

Olli-Pekka Lehto Olli-Pekka.Lehto at csc.fi
Mon May 6 00:31:14 PDT 2013

I've been stuck with the same issue. The /opt/intel path is hardcoded into the MPSS and it is not a good idea to move it elsewhere. I've understood that Intel is working on making things a bit more friendly for diskless installations.

In the meantime I've been planning to do away with the RPMs completely and manually organizing the files into node-local and non-local items: With all the non-local files mounted via NFS and symlinked to /opt/intel and the local ones directly on the compute node filesystem image.

Not the cleanest way and adds a bit of pain to any upgrades but should work.

It's not the highest thing on my priority list but if I have the chance to test it I'll share my experience.

Best regards,
Olli-Pekka