[Beowulf] anyone using SALT on your clusters?

Jon Tegner tegner at renget.se
Fri Jun 28 21:59:22 PDT 2013

On 06/28/2013 10:56 PM, Joe Landman wrote:
>> >I don't understand your question, how can you eliminate configuration?
>> >At some point you have to tell the system what it's supposed to do.
> Its done once.  Then you don't have to install it again.  Its installed.
>    Its done.
I think one of the good things with salt (or the likes) is that it puts
all of the configuration in one well defined place. I guess what you are
saying implies that in your case the cluster is so to say defined by a
"kickstart file" or something like that. For this to be consistent I
also guess that if your definition of the cluster is changed you have to
update the "kickstart file" and reinstall everything (which is no big
deal, but using salt it becomes an even lesser deal...).

Regards,

/jon