[Beowulf] core diameter is not really a limit

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Mon Jun 17 09:50:38 PDT 2013

>> I've remembered to check the cluster monkey feed, and
>> seen
>> http://www.clustermonkey.net/Opinions/the-core-diameter.html
>
> well, it's an amusing musing on scale, but I don't think it helps
> anyone make decisions, practical or strategic.

Exactly, started thinking about this issue after
I heard a comment about SOL and cables in a webinar.
Never intended to be anything more* than a
"flying cars, underwater cities, home reactors,
category" type discussion.

*sometimes the best thing that comes out of such
musings is someone who really studied the issue
provides a well reasoned explanation of the problem
or lack there of, and I get enlightened.

--
Doug

--
Mailscanner: Clean