[Beowulf] core diameter is not really a limit

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Mon Jun 17 06:13:42 PDT 2013

> I've remembered to check the cluster monkey feed, and
> seen
> http://www.clustermonkey.net/Opinions/the-core-diameter.html
>
> The assumption made here is that every node needs to be able
> to talk to every other node within the assembly.

Good point, you are correct. I was using the assumption
of full bi-sectional bandwidth/latency. On thinking about it,
this feature has always a design goal for most HPC systems.
Obviously, as we reach more limits, these assumptions will need
to be reconsidered. I'll put on note on the article.

--
Doug

--
Doug