[Beowulf] Docker for HPC?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 29 10:30:53 PDT 2013

Also coreos   http://coreos.com/  in conjunction with packaged applciations
from Docker.

Should we be looking at deploying stripped-out go-faster OS instances to
our compute nodes, and sending out the packaged applications for every job?

Yes I know that most cluster types work on stripping back unneeded cruft
from OS images - but the base is a general-purpose distro.
And to provoke some though, general purpose distros these days are
increasingly desktop centric - more and more emphasis on the latest
Gnome or KDE fancy wobbly desktops. I may be wrong (as usual).