[Beowulf] Let's just all go home then

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Aug 14 14:05:41 PDT 2013

TL;DR: when using only 2 or 4 out of 8 total cores, the virtualized
gizmo manages better memory locality and better cache usage because
of less motion of processes to different cores. In HPC, we generally
lock processes to cores, and they should done this, too.

Even shorter: Pilot error, nothing to see here.