[Beowulf] Definition of HPC

Max R. Dechantsreiter max at performancejones.com
Thu Apr 18 09:57:01 PDT 2013

>> It seems that some who decry the "nanny state" feel less
>> libertarian when it comes to cluster management and use.
>
> This is not about clusters. This is about dependable, responsible and

This is a discussion in Beowulf.org - how could it not be
about clusters?

> professional use of expensive central equipment. What do I care if you can
> demonstrate your competence, if you've already made a mistake that brought
> down a cluster that was used by 10 or 20 other people ? How should the

Who said I made such a mistake?  Again you're defining the
question to suit your desired answer.  Let's be scientific.

> admins explain to the other users that their jobs died because they gave
> you root access ?

Why should I be allowed to do anything because I have made
mistakes before?  Your argument is specious.

Max