[Beowulf] partitioning L3 by page coloring

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:28:27 PDT 2013

I don't think it can be done if you are not changing the kernel page
allocator. Physical/virtual page mapping is all done by the kernel -
in the end, page faults are transparent in the userspace.

Even the traditional page coloring needs help from the kernel. There's
the "Compiler-directed page coloring for multiprocessors" work done by
Todd C. Mowry (another U of Toronto prof), but I don't recall seeing
any pure userspace page coloring techniques - and I would imagine it
is not entirely possible as the userspace doesn't know the physical
page address.

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=237195

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/