[Beowulf] In appropriate post (was "In the news again HPC in Iceland")

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 22 07:25:16 PDT 2012

Oh comeon i've been over there myself - everyone knows that this
bunker has a max of a couple of hundreds of kilowatt of very expensive
electricity. 4.3 cents the article quotes. That's what i pay in this
office as well.

More heat you can't get away out of those NATO bunkers.

This for a nation with exactly 1 researcher with experience in number
crunching HPC that would be able to operate the entire facility
and he has  5 other jobs as well, like all Icelanders.

Whereas car industry together with aviation are worlds biggest users
of number crunching - mostly for safety reasons.

What's gonna run over there is not going to be serious nor espionage
sensitive of course.

Maybe software configuring cars for new customers - same program the
BMW dealer runs over here :)

But maybe the announcement sells another few BMW's in Iceland.